Sunday, July 25, 2010

Collaboration Over Competition

The purpose of this professional networking group is to encourage professional women to share resources, referrals and build relationships that promote healthy professional development. The Black Women In Business Brainstorm has been known to help its members with their presentation skills, networking efforts and all aspects of business. When I was in the corporate world I worked hard and I was considered a team player. I noticed that some people were afforded special mentoring and development opportunities that I was not offered. I recalled thinking to myself that it would be great if their was a group that could address the needs that employers and colleges don't offer and meet the needs of business centered development. This dream became a reality in May of 2009.
Our group is open to anyone who is interested in being a team player. We do not only allow Black Women in business-we allow anyone who wants to enrich their lives professionally. Our group consists of people in various industries from florists to artists to those in the corporate world. What can you work on in your professional life? How are you going about reaching the levels of professionalism that you desire?
Let us know how we can help. For more info we can be reached at blackwomeninbiz@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment